|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Most of the medical care children are to receive is determined by their parents. Information to be provided for children themselves is understood by their parents beforehand, and is then chosen and given by medical employees in consideration of children's age, development stage, treatment and care. However, needs for information for children themselves, or survey on information provided by medical employees, have never been reported. We, therefore, studied the realities of informed consent (henceforth IC) in the child nursing area by the medicine document review, the investigation of the orientation for children and the interview to the chronic disease patient, and the following results were obtained.
1. Analysis of IC trend by medicine document review
(1) The nursing document concerning IC increased rapidly to our country after 1990. (2) As for the content of the nursing document, there were a lot of documents concerning nurse's role in IC to the cancer patient and notification and IC,
and a lot of documents which used notification and IC to agree were seen. (3) In the document concerning the child nursing, the document concerning the nursing process and the nursing act was extremely small number of authors.
2. Execution of the orientation for children
(1)The orientation for children themselves on hospitalization, treatment and operation is given widely by various specialists. (2) A lot answered that the purposes of the orientation are to gain cooperative attitude for safe and easy hospitalization, treatment and operation and to gain mental preparation. As for the age of the children and the best time for the orientation, several tendencies are shown depending on the purpose of the orientation. (3) Most orientations are given verbally, Most materials such as pamphlets are written for adults and parents, while few audiovisual materials such as VCRs Or picture books are prepared or used.
3. Execution of IC to chronic disease patient
(1) At appearance of disease IC to the child was not done for the name of a disease, the condition, and treatment. (2) The self care method was explained. when it was young regardless of the appearance of disease age. (3) The content demanded of the medical specialists at IC was concerning the selection of the method to match to individual needs
Consequently, it has been revealed that the IC for children in the field of child nursing is widespread. However, materials or the way of giving orientation meeting their development stage or the ability of their understanding have never sufficiently developed and, therefore, improvement at the stage of giving information is required. Less