Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Bunkyo University|
KOBAYASHI Katsunori Bunkyo University, Faculty of Internationa Studies, Associate Professor, 国際学部, 助教授 (70225499)
|Project Fiscal Year
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
|Keywords||University Physical Education / Faculty Develonment / Academic Profession / Curriculum / An Actual Situation Survey / Data base / Newly-established Universities and Junior Colleges / the Standards for the Establishment of University / 大学保健体育 / ファカルティ・デベロップメント / 大学教員 / カリキュラム / 実態調査 / データベース / 新設大学・短大 / 大学設置基準 / 保健体育担当教員 / 人口動態 / シミュレーション / 研究者デイレクトリ|
In order to clarify problems and actual conditions of faculty development of University Physical Education, A survey of the actual situation of the curriculawas executed and a data base of physical education teachers was tried to made. The results were as follows;
1. A survey of the actual situation of the curricula of newly-established universities and junior colleges after reformation of the Standards for the Establishment of University in 1991
(1) The questionnaire were returned form 80 universities and 27 junior colleges.
(2) The number of credits required for physical education was decreasing after 1991. 71.3% of universities require less than 2 credits and 37.0% of junior colleges require less than 1 credit.
(3) In spite of their size, some small universities employ physical education teachers.
(4) The sport facilities they have are not sufficient as bigger universities.
(5) Sports and health promotion programs are insufficient.
(6) Extracurricular activities of sport are insufficiently supported by universities.
2. A Data base of physical education teachers in universities and junior colleges
(1) The proportion of more advanced aged teachers has been increasing.
(2) The proportion of teachers under 45-year old is 35.6% as of 2000.
(3) More than half the teachers have degrees over M.A..
With this data base, I plan to clarify the vital statistics of physical education teachers.