Influence of Disturbance of Rhythmic Daily Life of Children of Today on Their Mental and Physical Health
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Toyama University|
KAMIKAWA Yasuko Toyama University, Department of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (50143839)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2001
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥200,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||CHILDREN / RHYTHM OF SLEEP-AWAKE / SIT UP LATE AT NIGHT / BEHAVIOR CAUSING TROUBLE / VICIOUS CIRCLE / MENTALAND PHYSICAL CONDITION / FATIGUE / AMOUNT OF LIFE ACTION / こども / 心のブレーキ(抑制活動) / 子ども / 睡眠評価 / イライラ感 / 体温 / 夜ふかし / 生活リズム / 中学生 / 高校生 / 睡眠|
Considering the important role of a sleep for development of sound mind and sound body of children, investigations of actual conditions of life style of schoolchildren were carried out with several experiments and observations of pupils and students from 1996 to 1998.
Results shown below were found;
1. The time of going to bed is growing late with step up of school year on schoolchildren and on students. Getting late the time of going to bed showed a tendency of growing late the time of getting up.
2. It occurs remarkably at junior high school time that normal type of sleeping and awaking rhythm changes over to night type.
3. When life style becomes night type, sleep-value drops. And such children or students feel weary and tired at daily life, and they grow impatient with high frequency.
4. A disturbance of rhythmic daily life makes such vicious circle as follows; Late to bed → can't wake up by themselves → can't eat breakfast → irregular evacuation → tired in the morning → never tired of
saying "tired!" → give a yawn or fall into a doze at school → forgetful → become nervous at trifles or no reason → less activity at daytime → can't fall asleep normally → late to bed. Such habit producing above mentioned circle must be changed.
5. It is strongly recommended by the result of this study that life style of children can be changed better with following 4 proposals.
Proposal 1. Not only children themselves but also parents and teachers must know that sleep has an important role for mental and physical growth of children.
Proposal 2. Educational guidance for children by parents or teachers must be done knowing that children gradually begin to fall into the habit of sitting up late when they are fifth and sixth grade elementary school pupils, and that the habit is inclined to grow up more remarkable influencing emotional stability of children badly when they become junior high school pupils.
Proposal 3. To cure children of the bad habit, followings are effective; (1)gradually bring children early to bed, (2) do not change the time of getting up drastically even if it is a holiday, (3) have a natural light as possible just after waking up in the morning, (4) take moderate exercise every day to make body temperature slightly high for sweating.
Proposal 4. Consideration and cooperation of all the family at the time of going bed are needed to cure children of the bad life style. Less
Research Output (6results)