A Study of Teaching British and American Literature Using Multimedia Materials
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shizuoka University|
HAYASHI Masao Shizuoka Univ., Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (70117373)
TSUJI Tomoaki Shizuoka Univ., Engineering, Assistant Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (80188531)
MARUYAMA Osamu Shizuoka Univ., Education, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (00252156)
TANAHASHI Katsuya Shizuoka Univ., Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (90022201)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||Electronic text / Film script / Classical music / Documentary Program / マルチ・メディア教材 / クラシック音楽と英語教育 / ドキュメンタリー番組の英語 / 映画教材 / マルチメディア教材 / マライア・キャリー / セリーヌ・ディヨン|
The aim of this research is to study how to increase the efficiency of English education with the aid of multimedia teaching material. The following four items are the main concern in the 1998th research, which was published in "Some Experiments To Teach British and American Literature Using Multimedia Materials: -In the Case of the Seminar in History of British and American Literature-.
1. How to make use of the entry words of 'British Literary History' of Britannica CD-RO version as a teaching material classified into three levels.
2. How to use literature films of DVD version comparing with the original novels.
3. How to use electronic texts of British and American literature available by Internet service.
4. How to use the concise summary of literary works available by Internet service.
On the basis of the above research results, the 1999ィイD1thィエD1 research focused on the following items, which was published in "A Study of How to Use Multimedia English Teaching Material."
1. How to use the 'Famous Music Album' (including 'Salut d' Amour' by Elgar), and how to make use of the classical music in English teaching.
2. How to use the documentary TV programs such as environmental one including Rachel Carson's debate in the US Diet, and some serious problems caused by hormone disrupting substances.
3. How to use the 'My Sentimental Journey: England/Invited by the wind blowing over the Wuthering Heights,' which includes the scene where Mr. Owada meets his former teacher at Cambridge after a long absence.
Generally speaking, students shows strong interest to the multimedia materials. This is because these materials are made of a lot of images which are easily understood by the students, and also because they are useful as teaching materials for mastering practical English.
Research Products (7results)