|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
We propose a data model for managing heterogeneous electronic documents including Celtic story, Deirdre, and implemented its prototype systems. Our contributions are as follow :
1. XML-based data model for integrated managing electronic documents including various hetrogeneities such as data format, design, and granularity
2. Extensions of XML for representing semantic document objects.
As extensions of XML, we proposed management and retrieval functions on logical units of documents, and representation and manipulation of semantic objects, which cannot be represented in XML. In this project, we not only proposed data models but also implemented various prototype systems such as structuring electronic documents, extracting key words, generating concordances, listing semantic differences among documents, and retrieval functions for logical units of documents. Further, as electronic documents are consider as multimedia documents, we proposed and implemented interactive multimedia presentation systems :
1. Design of a new language for representing and synchronizing multimedia information
2. Interactive presentation model of electronic documents
3. Implementation of a prototype system of interactive drama by taking Deirdre
The original features are maintaining interaction synchronized multimedia screen and introduction of director functions, not depending on streaming data. From a comparative literature point of view, we can get many new results.