Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Yamaguchi University|
NAKAZONO Mahito Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60164208)
TADAMURA Katsumi Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (30236533)
MIYAZAKI Mitsuyasu Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (30136402)
MIIKE Hidetoshi Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (10107732)
OSA Atsushi Yamaguchi University, Faculty of Engineering, Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (90294652)
KINOSHITA Takeshi Yamaguchi Prefectural University, Faculty of Human Life Sciences, Research Associate, 生活科学部, 助手 (90244772)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||Image Design / Computer Vision / Computer Graphics / Entertainment / Perceptual Sciences on Design / Design Engineering / Animation / Image Sequence Processing / エンターティメント / CV(コンピュータビジョン) / CG(コンピュータ・グラフィクス) / デザイン工学(教育)|
In this study, we aim to achieve three main purposes as follows based on the techniques of computer vision (CV) and computer graphics (CG) :
1) Synthesizing method for high quality and high sensitive image designing and its evaluation method,
2) Development of education programs for image designing based on design engineering,
3) Production experiment on three-dimensional CG animations for TV commercial through basic visual training for design,
CV-technologies aim to establish the method for measurement, analysis, and modeling. And CG-techonologies aim to establish the method for producing image sequences from the model.
Main results obtained in this study are :
1) Development of a reliable and high performance method for optical flow detection under conditions of non-uniform and non-stationary illuminations. This method is available for the estimation of velocity curve in making 3D CG-animation.
2) Proposal of original CG-technologies available for high reality representation of image.
3) Development of new education method for image designing based on basic visual design training.
4) Discussion on evaluation method and design production methodology based on perceptual sciences through making experiments of 3D CG-animation.
5) Visiting universities and institutes for art and/or design in Europe (Vienna, Magdeburg and Cologne) for the purpose of presentations at the international conference (10ィイD1thィエD1 DAAAM Symposium, Vienna) and study on image designing. We had an opportunity to discuss on digital design technology, relationships among art, design and engineering.
6) Application to Computer Animation Festival and Sketches & Applications in SIGGRAPH 2000.