Exploring the Mechanism of Friction and Wear of Ultrasonic Motors.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Tokyo Institute of Technology |
UEHA Sadayuki Precision & Intelligence Lab. Tokyo Institute of Technology Professor, 精密工学研究所, 教授 (90016551)
ISHII Takaaki Precision & Intelligence Lab. Tokyo Institute of Technology Research Associate, 精密工学研究所, 助手 (40262323)
NAKAMURA Kentaro Precision & Intelligence Lab. Tokyo Institute of Technology Associate Professor, 精密工学研究所, 助教授 (20242315)
|Project Period (FY)
1999 – 2000
Completed (Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000: ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999: ¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,500,000)
|Keywords||ultrasonic motor / friction material / friction / wear / sliding surfaces / sliding speed / loss / efficiency|
1. Preparation of friction materials for the test.
(1) Engineering plastics and Ceramics. (Carbon-fiber-reinforced-plastics, Al_2O_3, Si_3N_4, SiC and ZrO_2)
2. Testing the wear of the friction materials used for the ultrasonic motors.
(1) Wear was measured by the wear testing machine
3. Fabrication of the ultrasonic motor for the wear test
(1) A hybrid transducer type ultrasonic motor was used for the wear tests.
4. The wear simulation model and the wear evaluation.
(1) Measured wear volumes and simulated values were compared and evaluated the results.
(2) Two types of wear characteristics for the friction materials were found.
(3) Our simulation model can be used for the rough estimation of the life of friction materials.
(4) Our simulation may be applicable for many types of ultrasonic motors and many types of friction materials.
5. Friction and wear test in vacuum.
(1) Wear test was curried out in vacuum environment.
(2) Relatively good combination for vacuum was found.
6. Lubricant usage on the sliding surfaces
(1) Lubricant can be used to improve friction and wear characteristics of the ultrasonic motor.
(2) High driving efficiency was obtained.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (1 results)