Development of a clean table system for machine tools
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Keio University |
AOYAMA Tojiro Keio University, Faculty of Science and Technology, Professor, 理工学部, 教授 (70129302)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥7,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,600,000)
|Keywords||Machine tools / Table system / Guide way / Solid lubricants / Half floating air slide way / Environment / Friction and wear / Tribology|
As the material for sliding guideways, metal is generally used and liquid mineral oil is supplied as the lubricant. However these result in the temperature rise during high-speed operations due to the viscous friction. Moreover, there are growing trends for oil-less guideways for uses in extreme environmental conditions such as high temperature, high vacuum and cleanliness as well as growing interests in the recent years in environmental issues. The purpose of this study is to develop lubricant-free sliding guideways for machine tools by applying solid lubricants. The study was carried out in following research items;
(1) Investigation of the trend of the research of a solid lubricant.
(2) Development of a special experimental device which provides a plane on plane contact condition in order toevaluate the tribological characteristics of various composite materials under the same sliding condition of practical machine tool tables.
(3) Evaluation of the tribological characteristics of various composite materials
(4) Development of a pneumatic half-floating contact mechanism
The result obtained in this study are summarized as follows;
(1) PTFE added epoxy synthetic resin shows the excellent performances in the frictional characteristics.
.(2) By applying the pneumatic half-floating contact mechanism, the composite materials show high wear-resistance characteristics that can satisfy a practical use.
(3) The content of PTFE in epoxy synthetic resin strongly influences on the friction and wear characteristics of slideways.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (9 results)