Biorhythm disorder and homeostasis maintenance in the perioperative period
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kurume University |
KANO Tatsuhiko KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (50040605)
HARADA Hideki KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Instructor, 医学部, 講師 (30198923)
YAMADA Shinichi KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (90258484)
WATANABE Seiji KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (10201196)
FUKUSHIGE Tetsushi KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (80181254)
SANO Tomomi KURUME UNIVERSITY School of Medicine, Anesthesiology, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (60196300)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2003
Completed (Fiscal Year 2003)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥4,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,200,000)
|Keywords||Periodic Fluctuation / Cardiovascular System / Skin Capillary / CRPS / Hyperhidrosis / Ischemic Encephalopathy / Sympathetic Nerve / Partial Blockade / 周期的動揺 / RSD|
1. Observations under General Anesthesia
(1) Monitoring of Spinal Cord Function ; The combination of motor evoked potentials by transcranial electrostimulation of the brain and spinal cord evoked potentials by epidural electrostimulation of the spinal cord provided reliable monitoring of the spinal function during the graft replacement of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm. Ultrasound beam perpendicular to the spinal cord through the intervertebral discs clearly visualized pulsating spinal canal contents.
(2) Latent Ischemia of Vital Organs in Circulatory Arrest with Deep Hypothermia; Serum lactic acid increased in prolonged circulatory arrest over 45 min even under deep hypothermia less than 20℃, suggesting possible post-operative disfunction of the vital organs such as brain and kidney.
2. Autonomic Nervous Function in Total Spinal Block
The recovery process of the vagal nerve and subsequent thoracic sympathetic nerve were separately observed.
3. Periodical Fluctuations of the Finger-tip Skin Capillary after Thoracic Sympathectomy
Endoscopic coagulation of the sympathetic chain was proved to be a partial block. Periodical fluctuations of the skin capillary was restored even with the palmar hyperhidrosis suspended.
4. Periodical fluctuations of the Finger-tip Skin Capillary in Patients with CRPS
Periodical fluctuations of the finger-tip skin capillary differed in the stage of complex regional pain syndrome(CRPS). Those were enhanced in the early stage of CRPS.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (7 results)