Construction of System for Protecting Medical Malpractice Using PDA with bar-code-reader
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Gifu University |
YASUTOMI Kinosada Gifu University Hospital, Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (50161526)
SAKAI Jyunya Meijo University, Postgraduate Course in Urban Science, Professor, 都市情報学研究科, 教授 (30107891)
OTSUKA Setsuko Gifu University Hospital, Assistant Professor, 医学部附属病院, 講師 (60126729)
UMEMOTO Takao Gifu University Hospital, Associated Professor, 医学部附属病院, 助教授 (40223614)
YAMAMOTO Koji Mie University Hospital, Professor, 医学部附属病院, 教授 (00112269)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥7,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,600,000)
|Keywords||Medical Malpractice Protection / PDA / Bar-code / Wrist-band|
Our major goal is constructing the system for protecting the medical malpractice using PDA with a bar-code reader. Especially focused on the cases of medication, injection, and blood transfusion.
As a prerequisite for the system, following issues are determined.
1. A patient is required to have a band with a bar-code on the wrist.
2. A PDA is designed to check the patient and the consistency of the relationship between the patient himself and the contents of medical procedures using the wrist-band and the PDA with a bar-code reader.
3. The system is designed to connect the HIS (hospital information system) via a hospital network system, and collaborate by exchanging the patient records.
The major outcomes of our research are as follows.
A. We have established the standard workflow in a hospital by using the system.
1. Administration by injection, especially at the place of general ward and ICU
2. Oral medicine, medicine for external use, especially at the place of a general ward
3. Protection for a needle stick error
B. We have reported the visiting to three hospitals in Australia.
C. We have established the master files of the medical materials used in Gifu University Hospital. This is very useful for checking the materials used for a patient.
The system is proved to be very useful for protecting the medical malpractices.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (6 results)