|Budget Amount *help
¥13,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,500,000)
Through this research, the following results have been obtained :
1. The HIR (Human-Oriented Information Restructuring) system has been proposed. The HIR system integrates and restructures various information such as multi-view images, and displays the results of restructuring to the users in an image form.
2. As an example of HIR, "Bird's-Eye View System" has been developed, which generates an arbitrary viewpoint image from above an intersection. The algorithm of the free-view generation is based on 2-D projective transformation and estimation of the heights of a car. This system generates bird's-eye view images in the size of 160x120, 10 frame/sec, in a 1/24 diorama simulation.
3. A visual assistance system in a right turn situation in an intersection has been developed. This system utilizes camera images installed on the opposed car and infrastructure and generates visual assistance images which eliminate blind corners for the driver.
4. A prototype car that works in a real environment has been developed. "My Car" is equipped with 5 PCs, 3 cameras, a GPS sensor, and tri-axis orientation sensor. "Opposed Car" is equipped with a PC, a camera, a GPS sensor, and tri-axis orientation sensor. An infrastructure camera is installed on the traffic signal.
5. A visual assistance system that generates driver assistance images in a right turn situation is developed and evaluated in a real environment. The results show that the driver recognizes the opposed car correctly.
6. From these results, it is concluded that the advanced utilization of multi-viewpoint images is very useful for driver assistance system.