SPATIAL STRUCTURE OF SUBURBANIZING REGION IN INDONESIA AND ITS TRANSFORMATION
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Irrigation, drainage and rural engineering/Rural planning
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY |
KOBAYASHI Shintaro KYOTO UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, PROFESSOR, 地球環境学堂, 教授 (20026602)
SAIZEN Izuru KYOTO UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, INSTRUCTOR, 地球環境学堂, 助手 (80346098)
MIZUNO Kei KYOTO UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, INSTRUCTOR, 地球環境学堂, 助手 (10260613)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2003
Completed (Fiscal Year 2003)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,200,000)
|Keywords||LAND USE CHANGE / URBANIZATION / SUBURBANIZATION / JABOTABEK REGION / REMOTE SENSING / GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM / LOGIT MODEL / INDONESIA / 農地転用 / JABOTAEEK / 都市近郊農地 / 国際研究者交流 / ジャカルタ首都圏 / ミクロモデル|
The research was conducted by Japanese members of the research project and related students, as well as by Indonesian collaborators most of whom have finished their postgraduate course at Kyoto University during the last ten years. The principal research outcomes are as follows :
(1) Land-use planning system in Indonesia based on Spatial Planning Act of 1992 was reviewed, with particular considerations on its legal and institutional aspects, relationship with decentralization policy, and the current situation and problems on its implementation in the greater metropolitan area (JABODETAPEK-PUNJUR).
(2) Nation-wide database on socio-economic indicators in regency/municipality level was constructed and provided for a public use. Digital data on village census was collected and catalogued.
(3) Land use/cover change in certain areas in the JABOTABEK region was analyzed by image processing and GIS using satellite images and aerial photographs.
(4) Land-use conversion model for conservation of pr
oductive farmlands, mainly paddy fields, was developed. It was applied to the study area in the JABOTABEK region. The results of the land use change simulation by the model could be utilized in the decision-making on the land use policy.
(5) Land-use change in the hilly area of Bogor District was analyzed using satellite images. Interviews on land conservation focused on the willingness to pay (WTP) values for the land conservation were also conducted. The result showed that the ideas of land conservation by Indonesian local people were somewhat different from those by the people in advanced countries such as Japan, USA and European countries.
(6) Interviews were conducted in Ciampea subdistrict, Bogor, to investigate the situation of farmland conversion and its mechanism. Decision-making processes of land owners and buyers were analyzed using a multinomial logit model, clarifying major factors influencing the land conversion in the study area.
(7) Finally, a comparative analysis on land use changes in the JABOTABEK region and the Tokyo metropolitan region was conducted. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (6 results)