Research of hierarchy in sixth centuries (A.D.) Japan
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Gangoji Institute for Research of Cultural Property|
FUJITA Namie Gangoji Institute for Research of Cultural Property, Department of Research, Researcher, 研究部, 研究員 (20261216)
SUGAI Hiroko Gangoji Institute for Research of Cultural Property, Department of Research, Researcher, 研究部, 研究員 (20250350)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed(Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
|Keywords||sixth centuries (A.D.) Japan / central and periphery relationship / bridle bit made of gilt -bronze / bridle bit made of iron / the f-shaped cheek pieces of horse bits / the apricotleaf-shaped harness pendants / 金銅装の馬具 / 鉄製の馬具 / 後期古墳 / 馬具 / 金銅装鏡板付轡 / 杏葉|
The research of hierarchy in sixth centuries (A.D.) Japan has been grappled from diverse angles. It is one of the ways to study this subject, which is to investigate mortuary goods of ancient tomb in sixth century.
The present writer have also followed and been devoted above method but original way. The investigation on the hierarchy in each regions in sixth century has been carried by peculiar method of research, which aim at especially horse gears from among mound furnishings, and categorised them into the pattern of possession of horse trappings (type-A, type-B, type-C ; instituted by the writer) to examine mutual relation with the scales of stone-built rooms in mounds. The outcomes are described as below,
1) In the relationship between the pattern of possession of horse trappings and the scales of stone-built room, there is the correlation that tells the interrelation as the pattern of possession of horse trappings are inferior in quality in order of type-A type-B type-C, then the sc
ales of stone-built room are down as well. It can be conceived that it is the result from the ranking of chiefs.
2) From the subject of which the interrelationship in between the pattern of possession of horse trappings and the scales of stone-built room, there are 3 mattersf about central and periphery relationship are pointed out, which are ;
1. The pre-eminence in the central (Kinai : Yamato,Kwachi,Hokusetu).
2. The diversity in the periphery (the difference of aspects in the West and the East of Japan).
3. Being of the base regions in the periphery.
3) It is indicated that the ranking of chiefs are reflected in the form of horse trappings, expressly in the cheek pieces of horse bits in many circumstances. That means an owner of a mound who held bits, which are made of grit-bronze, used to be on higher class than one who held bits, which are made of iron.
4) From the result of comparison in proportion with the f-shaped cheek pieces of horse bits and the apricotleaf-shaped harness pendants, in the case of the f-shaped cheek pieces, some of them have got almost same form but some, which were excavated at different sites have got big form difference. In the case of the apricotleaf-shaped harness pendants, they are categorised into both almost same and different. And also the same types of pendants were excavated at different sites. Less
Research Products (7results)