Research on the transformation of Media-space at the end of 19th century in case of Sephane Mallarme
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The University of Electro-Communications |
KANEKO Masakatsu The University of Electro-Communications, Faculty of Electro-Communications, Professor, 電気通信学部, 教授 (30169578)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
|Keywords||Mallarme / Graphic Data Base / Printing Media / visuality / End of 19th century / Media System / メディア / 印刷 / 19世紀|
The purpose of this research is to make clear how Mallarme elaborated a new media approach with his Un Coup de des and in which measure his personal tentative was related to transmutations of hole media system in French Society through the 19^<th> century.
In this purpose, we have built up Graphic Data Base of Mallarme's works and of his cultural environment.
The contents were :
1) Mallarme's printed works containing graphical or visual effects
2) Mallarme's manuscripts containing graphical or visual effects
3) Graphical or visual works in Mallarme's cultural environment
By analyzing this Data Base, in comparison with this textual works, we have confirmed following facts :
1) Through the 19^<th> century the European society had a very strong desire for the visualization.
2) Mallarme had also an obvious tendency to visual expressions.
3) But it was only through the confrontation with his contemporary media environment ・・・ end of fixed form poetry, growth of popular press, abundance of visual expressions ・・・ that he finally arrived to the visual layout effects of Un Coup de des.
Mallarme's Un Coup de des is not a personal incident ; it's also a social and cultural incident. It implicates the media system of European society in the second half of the 19^<th> century.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (14 results)