The Unemployment Problems in People's Republic of China
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyoto University |
UEHARA Kazuyoshi Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research, Professor, 経済研究所, 教授 (60052544)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2003
Completed (Fiscal Year 2003)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||Unemployment / Layoff / The Minimum Livelihood Protection / Hukou (Household Resistration) System / Permanent Worker / Irregular Employment / Temporary Worker / Peasant Worker / 都市部登録失業率 / 都市戸籍 / 労働力移動 / 三本の保障ライン / 上山下郷 / 社会保障制度 / 都市と農村の大対流 / 地方工業化 / 二本立ての労働制度 / 一時帰休|
I have collected literatures and documents on the Anti-Unemployment Policies of China (1949-2003) and translated, researched them.
Research results are as follows:
(1) The Anti-Unemployment Policies during socialist period (1949-1978)
a) provided employment in accordance with the principle of overall consideration,
b) prohibited against influx of peasants into urban,
c) went and worked educated urban youth in the countryside and mountain areas.
(2) The Anti-Unemployment Policies during socialist period resulted in a) divide rural from urban and the formation of the status system, b) the establishment of rigid labor system, c) the birth of danwei (system of unit) community. It was the unpleasant, hopeless society for Chinese people.
(3) Since the economic reform and open-door policies in the late 1970s, particularly, since beginning of full-scale commercialization in 1992, it is getting more and more difficult to moderate the unemployment problems. Chinese Government now try to expand and improve social safety-net and the working opportunity.
(4) Chinese Government has regarded irregular employment to expand and improve the working opportunity. However the characteristics of irregular employment are long time working, low wages, no-guarantee their living and the short-term employment. Enlargement of irregular employment will produce in the standard of labor's social status.
(5) "Socialist Market System" is hopeful but cruelty social for Chinese people.
Report (4 results)
Research Products (30 results)