Improvement of tribo-elements by optimum design
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||TOKAI UNIVERSITY |
HASHIMOTO Hiromu Tokai University, School of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40130877)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,300,000)
|Keywords||Tribology / Triboelement / Optimum Design / High Performance / Static Characteristics / Dynamic Characteristics / Computer Soft / Numerical Analysis|
In recent years, the mechanical systems increasingly become smaller, higher performance with high speed, and then the improvement of machine elements, especially tribo-elements is very important engineering problem to be solved.
In this research, the improvement of performance characteristics of tribo-elements by the optimum design was carried out. As examples of tribo-elements, the air film thrust bearings and web-roller system for web transportation were selected. The theoretical model for the analysis of performance characteristics are formulated and the applicability to the analysis is confirmed with experimental verifications.
Finally, the application of theoretical model to the optimum design was successfully completed.
The conclusions are as follows;
(1) Formulation of air film lubrication equation combining boundary fitted coordinates and DF method is completed.
(2) The predicted results by the new model agrees well with experimental results.
(3) Formulation of friction model between paper and steel roller is completed based on contact model and foil bearing model.
(4) The predicted results of friction coefficient by the new model agree well with experimental data.
(5) Formulation of optimum design procedure is completed.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (11 results)