Prevatence and treatment of postraumatic disorder and dissociative disorder of children as consequent of child abuse
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kobe UniversityGraduate School of Medicine |
TANAKA Kiwamu Kobe University Graduate Schoof of Medicine, assistant, 大学院・医学系研究科, 助手 (20273790)
TAKADA Satoshi Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, professor, 医学部, 教授 (10216658)
KITAYAMA Shinji Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, assistant, 医学部附属病院, 助手 (10346257)
MAEDA Kiyoshi Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, professor, 大学院・医学系研究科, 教授 (80116251)
KATO Hiroshi Hyogo Research organaization for Human care, research manager, 研究部長
TOMINAGA Yoshiki Hyogo University of Teacher Education, professor, 発達心理臨床研究センター・トラウマ回復支援分野, 教授 (50164033)
細澤 仁 神戸大学, 大学院・医学系研究科, 助手 (40335451)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
Completed (Fiscal Year 2002)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||chid abuse / child and adolescent / posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) / dissociative disorder / Children's House in Japan / screening of childhood trauma / conduct disorder / 心的外傷|
In our Scientific Research (C) (2) project from 2001 to 2002, we applied CRTS (Parent Report of The Child's Reaction To Stress, simplified revised Japanese version) and CDC (the Chid Dissociative Checklis, Japanese version) to the children in the Children's House of Hyogo prefecture (N=655, 6-18 y.o.), and ordinary children living with their parents (N=360, 6-17 y.o.).
1) We found 62.0% of children in the Children's House experienced abuse from their parents, and 27.4% of ordinary children had traumatized from various events. These number were higher than those of previous studies.
2) The scores of CRTS and CDC are significantly higher in the traumatized children in both children's group. And these scores of the group of children in the Children's House are significantly higher.
3) The scores of CRTS and CDC have no significant correlation in age, sex, duration of seatig and facility, but multiplicity of child abuses.
4) Six factors are identified from factor analysis of CRTS. These are the same factors of Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and attachment disorder.
5) The scores of CRTS and CDC have significant correlation with conduct problems in daily life (e.g. loss of self-confidence, regression, sleep disturbance, self-injury, sexual delinquency, dysfunction of emotional control, etc.), that showed possibility assume these conduct problems as the consequence of traumatic reaction.
These results were reported tor Hyogo prefecture as "the report of physical and mental health of the chidren in the Children's House of Hyogo prefecture". And several studies of the Institute of Mental health of Hyogo prefecture utilize the methodology of this research.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (13 results)