|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Planning a treatment strategy at orthodontic treatment, the position of the teeth play a very important role and both pressures and toniciry of tongue and lip are usually considered as a major element of it. However, this kind of estimations are usually done subjectively and qualitatively without using some devices to evaluate these objectively. From mis point of view, the establishment of methodology to evaluate the hardness and the tonicity of a lip and tongue are really needed. The purpose of this study was to construct a database with measuring and evaluating the tonicity and hardness of the soft tissues by using of newly developed vibration sensor and torque sensor.
The results obtained were as follows:
1) Nose and Chin were the hardest, the next followed Tongue and Cheek, and Lip was softest.
2) The hardness of soft tissues at a male was generally harder compared with that of a female.
3) Cl.III malocclusion showed a softer tendency.
4) The tonicity was lowest at Chin, and highest at Tongue.
5) Female showed a lower tonicity at Nose, Chin and Cheek, on the other hand, male showed a lower tonicity at Tongue and Lip.
6)At cl.III malocclusion, the tonicity was generally lower, but higher at cl. II.
These newly developed systems would contribute to the objective evaluation of hardness and tonicity of the soft tissues.