The reviewing of a fieldwork about sport anthropology
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Toyo University |
USAMI Takanori TOYO University, Department of Sociology, Professor, 社会学部, 教授 (70184463)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2003
Completed (Fiscal Year 2003)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 2001: ¥600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥600,000)
|Keywords||fieldwork / sport anthropology / sport technique / viewpoint from inside / viewpoint from outside / ethnography / 民俗誌 / 歴史性 / ポスト・コロニアリズム / 認識 / スポーツ文化|
This study has a purpose of reviewing the way of the fieldwork which was so far used by sport anthropology and providing a new viewpoint and a way.
To implement this research, it analyzed Nobukata sumo wrestling in Ibaraki Prefecture and a Mifune boatrace in Wakayama Prefecture in the case. Also, in addition to the case analysis, it reviewed about the overview of the way of the fieldwork of sport anthropology and the way of thinking of the fieldwork and moreover analyzing a sport group.
The content composition of the report of this research becomes two pieces of composition. The first part is composed of 1.AVhat is the fieldwork of sport anthropology, 2.The fieldwork and description of sport, 3.The way of making the body because there are sports. The second part is an above-mentioned case analysis.
As a result, following conclusion could be gotten.
(1) The fieldwork of sport anthropology must be separately investigated, dividing it into a sport group and the society which surrounds it.
As for a sport group, it investigates the way of thinking of the people who are inside the groups such as a sport technique and the way of acquiring and also the recognition of the people where there are sports.
(3) As for the society which surrounds a sport group, it investigates over the wide areas such as the organization and the system and the recognition of the people who are related to this based on the social structure.
(4) The way of the fieldwork to a sport group implements the investigation which is based on the communication theory while it deals with "the player and the coach" and "the individual and the group"
(5) As for the fieldwork of the society which surrounds a sport group, the way of social anthropology's implementing so far is useful.
(6) Sports which were dealt with become able to be specifically described about such two viewpoints and the fieldwork from the way and the description of the folk magazine about sport anthropology connects with providing a different identity with the other anthropology.
Things above mentioned are the overview of the final result. Less
Report (4 results)
Research Products (9 results)