Development and Evaluation of the Internet Site Promoting International Exchange Learning
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka Kyoiku University|
TANAKA Hiroyuki Osaka Kyoiku University, Faculty of Education, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (20207137)
MORITA Eiji Osaka Kyoiku University, Faculty of Education, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (50200415)
NODA Fumiko Osaka Kyoiku University, Faculty of Education, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (90189407)
MASUGATA Kinya Osaka Kyoiku University, Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (10165706)
YOSHINO Hideki Osaka Kyoiku University, Faculty of Education, Lecturer, 教育学部, 講師 (30311773)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2003
Completed(Fiscal Year 2003)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2002 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2001 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
|Keywords||International Exchange / Internet / Video conferencing / 異文化理解|
This research was an international joint research project to develop, manage and evaluate the Internet site called GSNET promoting international exchange learning between students in Japan and abroad on the topics such as culture, nature, history daily life, politics and so on.
Research findings are as follows :
(1) This Internet site had a variety of functions and decreased the barriers of school based international exchange learning, which became effective facilitating factors to teachers.
(2) Media-mix approach combining the GSNET site, web conferencing facility and video letters was found to be effective in promoting international exchange learning.
(3) Research findings were accumulated on curriculum structure and pedagogy which are effective in international exchange learning promoted by this Internet site.
(4) Possible problems which occur in international exchange learning were classified.
(5) Differences and similarities were found between support functions of machine translation and those of human translation
Research Products (5results)