|Budget Amount *help
¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2002: ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,400,000)
1) As a result of my investigation, 3.1% of over 60 year-old people now wear hearing aid, with distinction of sex, 4.1% of men and 2.1% of women. With generation distinction, we prove that rate of wearing hearing aid shows a tendency to go up from latter half 60's to early 70's. From the result of "self-check list to hard of hearing", 7.7% of over 60-year old people have problems of hearing, and over 10% early 70's old people have not yet received appropriate auditory compensation support in spite of candidates who have to wear or consult hearing aid.
2) I investigated about the way to select and prescribe hearing aid to fit each old hearing-impaired people, in-the-ear type hearing-aid, behind-the-ear type hearing-aid, body worn type hearing-aid, digital hearing-aid, FM hearing aid and cochlear implant.
3) I developed a speech audiometric word lists consist of Japanese family names for hearing-impaired people who are difficult to adapt to nonsense mono-syllabic word discrimination test.
4) I developed "self-check list of hearing-aid need" and "self-check list of dissatisfaction degree of TV sound listening", so that hearing-impaired old people can check how they feel inconvenience in their daily life.
5) By means of this questionnaires, I made nation-wide (the number of target: 600) investigation on the need for hearing aids and support service of auditory compensation, and I developed a support program and guidance book.