Tomography Diagnostic Research of Fast Neutral Particles using Advanced Radiation-resistant Detector in Fusion Plasma
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Nuclear fusion studies
|Research Institution||Japan Atomic Researth Institute (JAERI)|
KUSAMA Yashinori JAERI, Department of Fusion Plasma Research, Head of Laboratory, 炉心プラズマ研究部・主任, 研究員・室長 (70343902)
ISHIKAWA Masao JAERI, Department of Fusion Plasma Research, Post Doctor Researcher, 炉心プラズマ研究部, 博士研究員 (70370351)
TAKECHI Manabu JAERI, Department of Fusion Plasma Research, Reseacher, 炉心プラズマ研究部, 研究員 (40370423)
MORIOKA Atsuhiko JAERI, Department of Fusion Plasma Research, Researcher, 炉心プラズマ研究部, 研究員 (10354565)
NISHITANI Takeo JAERI, Department of Fusion Engineering Research, Head of Laboratory, 核融合工学部, 主任研究員・室長 (30354608)
SASAO Mamiko Tohoku University, Facult of Engneering Professor, 工学部, 教授 (00144171)
磯部 光孝 特殊法人核融合科学研究所, 大型ヘリカル研究部, 助手 (00300731)
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2004
Completed(Fiscal Year 2004)
|Budget Amount *help
¥40,950,000 (Direct Cost : ¥31,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥9,450,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥9,490,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,300,000、Indirect Cost : ¥2,190,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥12,740,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,800,000、Indirect Cost : ¥2,940,000)
Fiscal Year 2002 : ¥18,720,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,400,000、Indirect Cost : ¥4,320,000)
|Keywords||diamond detector / fast neutral article measurement / JT-60 / fusion plasma / neutron / gamma-ray shield / totoidal Alfveneigenmodes (TAE) / resonant interaction / LHD / エネルギー較正 / 波高分布 / TAEモード / エネルギー分布 / 多チャンネル化 / ダイヤモンド検出 / 波高分析 / γ線遮蔽|
1. Fast neutral particles were measured using diamond detectors in the plasma confinement devise(LHD, NIFS). Different energy spectra of them were observed for deferent sightlines. Optical lights influenced on the spectrum measured at the periphery. It has shown that careful design of apertures is important when a multi-channel detector system is established.
2. In order to measure fast neutral particles under the neutron/γ-ray environment of the fusion plasma confinement device (JT-60; JAERI), neutronl/γ-ray shield has been designed for reducing neutron/γ-ray background (noise) b y one order.
3. The noise has been successfully reduced expectedly by covering the diamond detector by the neutron/γ-ray shield. Adding to this, adjusting the neutral fluxes for experimental conditions by changing the size of the aperture has enabled to measure fast neutral particles even under the neutron radiation circumstance. These results were published in Review of Scientific Instruments.
4. A rapid transport of fast ions from the central region to the region has been successfully peripheral observed in a full energy range with the diamond detector system when toroidal Alfven eigenmodes (TAE) ions are excited by energetic produced with high energy neutral beam injection. It has been confirmed for the first time that neutral fluxes are increased in a limited energy range of 100〜370 keV and the energy spectrum has a peak at 〜250 keV. Moreover we have found that the energy range agrees with that predicted from the resonant interaction between fast ions and TAE. These results have been presented at the 20th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference (2005, Vilamaura, Portugal) and the paper has been submitted to Nuclear Fusion.
5. Possible simultaneous measurement using four diamond detectors has been confirmed. More detailed investigation of fast ions is expected in a near future.
Research Products (6results)