Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Shinshu University|
KUBO Toru Shinshu University, Faculty of Arts, Professor, 人文学部, 教授 (10143520)
OKUMURA Satoshi Tokyo Metropolitan University, Faculty of Arts, Professor, 人文学部, 教授 (80144187)
SASAGAWA Yushi Saitama University, Faculty of Arts, Professor, 教養学部, 教授 (10196149)
KAWAI Shinyichi Aichi University, Dept.of Management, Professor, 経営学部, 教授 (00267882)
MIZUHA Nobuo Hiroshima University, Dept.of, Associate Professor, 総合科学部, 助教授 (50229712)
YAMAMOTO Shin Tsukuba University, Lecturer, 人文社会科学研究科, 講師 (20316681)
|Project Period (FY)
2002 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥4,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2002 : ¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,100,000)
|Keywords||Modern History / Contemporary History / Republican China / National Government, China / Chinese Revolution / PRC / 建国初期|
In this project, we have tried to examine the continuity and the discontinuity in China's political, economic, and social structure from the 1930s to the 1950s. It is often considered that China has experienced enormous change in 1949 when the National Government lost their ruling power and the PRC Government established. Chinese history in twentieth century, however, was not so simple. In some cases China's political, economic, and social structure were drastically changed because of the governmental alternation, while in other cases they were continued in spite of passing the revolution.
Passing through our cooperative research activities, we get many results as follows.
1) The character of the constitutional regime by the Nationalist Party after 1947.
2) The political activities by merchants and industrialists in the 1940s and the 1950s.
3) The CCP's policy against merchants and industrialists in the 1940s and the 1950s.
4) The heritage of the National Resource Commission under the Nationalist Government.
5) The policy against the private companies by the PRC Government in the early 1950s.
6) The foreign trade policy by the PRC Government in the early 1950s.
7) The military strategy by the PRC Government in the early 1950s.
8) The land reform by the Nationalist Party in Guanxi province in the late 1940s.
9) The educational policy by the Nationalist Party in Jiangsu province in the late 1940s.
10) The cultural policy by the PRC Government in the early 1950s.
Our main academic results are collected and published in two books of the conference papers and one book in fourth coming.