Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
Plant nutrition/Soil science
|Research Institution||Tohoku University |
SAIGUSA Masahiko Tohoku University, Field Science Center, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Professor, 大学院・農学研究科附属複合生態フィールド教育研究センター, 教授 (10005655)
ITO Toyoaki Tohoku University, Field Science Center, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Associate Professor, 大学院・農学研究科附属複合生態フィールド教育研究センター, 助教授 (10176349)
NANJO Masami Tohoku University, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Professor, 大学院・農学研究科, 教授 (60218071)
HIRADATE Shuntaro National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences, Senior Researcher, 主任研究官 (60354099)
INUBUSHI Kazuyuki Chiba University, Faculty of Horticulture, Professor, 園芸学部, 教授 (00168428)
OSAKI Mitsuru Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Agriculture, Professor, 大学院・農学研究科, 教授 (60168903)
小山 博之 岐阜大学, 農学部, 助教授 (90234921)
山本 洋子 岡山大学, 資源生物科学研究所, 助教授 (50166831)
馬 建鋒 香川大学, 農学部, 助教授 (80260389)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed (Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥51,350,000 (Direct Cost: ¥39,500,000、Indirect Cost: ¥11,850,000)
Fiscal Year 2005: ¥12,090,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,300,000、Indirect Cost: ¥2,790,000)
Fiscal Year 2004: ¥16,640,000 (Direct Cost: ¥12,800,000、Indirect Cost: ¥3,840,000)
Fiscal Year 2003: ¥22,620,000 (Direct Cost: ¥17,400,000、Indirect Cost: ¥5,220,000)
|Keywords||strongly acidic soil / Al excess injury / solfatara soil / tea garden soil / Al tolerant soil / genetically modified plant / Aluminum accumulation / organic acid / 酸性障害 / 超強酸性 / Al過剰障害 / 植物と土壌の相互作用 / 硫酸酸性土壌 / 茶樹 / クエン酸 / 遺伝子工学 / Al^<3+> / Alポリマー / Al耐性機構 / Al耐性遺伝子 / アパタイト|
Plant-soil interaction at super-strong acid range was examined and following results were obtained.
1. Relationship between the acid characteristics and vegetation of the solfatara soil was clarified. Field investigation of the tea garden soil was done both in Japan and South Korea, Acid characteristics of the soil and the growth and distribution of tea root were clarified. Moreover, it was clarified that the tea garden soil in Japan showed soil pH<4.0, and the destruction of the clay mineral occurred in the soil resulting genesis of low crystalline alumino-silicate in the drainage canal.
2. Behavior of Al tridecamer in the soil solution was examined using ^<27>Al NMR and it was clarified that Al tridecamer was not stable, and Al - humus complex was an important source for soluble Al.
3. It was clarified that mineralization of soil organic matters both in the tropical peat soil and tea garden soil were ruled by the amount of the rainfall, underground water change, soil pH and soil Eh.
4. Growth promotion mechanism and Al accumulation mechanism of Melastoma were clarified, and it was also clarified that Al chelation with the organic acid released was important as the Al tolerance mechanism of plants.
5. Al tolerance mechanism of backwheat, barley and rye was attributed to the secretion of organic acids, and Al tolerant gene of the rice existed in the No6 chromosome and was one gene regulation.
6. Genetically modified Al tolerant Arabidopsis and barley with the ability of the organic acid release were created.
7. Relationship between a low phosphoric acid resistant and the ability of organic acid release in plant was clarified.
8. Mechanism of the strong acidification by heavy application of fertilizers in Andisol was clarified in long term field experiment, and soil exchangeable Al was important as phytotoxic Al.