Development of a support system to promote health awareness among junior high school students
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Applied health science
|Research Institution||TOKYO WOMEN'S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF NURSING|
KUME MIYOKO TOKYO WOMEN'S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF NURSING, PROFESSOR, 看護学部, 教授 (70258987)
MURAYAMA YORIKO TOKYO WOMEN'S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF NURSING, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 看護学部, 講師 (70289875)
OGAWA KUKIKO TOKYO WOMEN'S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF NURSING, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 看護学部, 講師 (70307651)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||junior high school students / puberty / health problems / bone mineral density / nutrition / life / health promotion / sex education|
1. Research content :
(1) A survey of the interests of and the solutions to the health problems of junior high school students (n=812) The goal of this research was to promote health among students in the age of puberty. A survey was done to examine the lifestyle changes and to explore the factors which contributed to the problem solving ability of the students.
(2) A survey was conducted to examine the bone mineral density, physical development, nutrition, and activities of the Junior high school students in Daito-cho, Shizuoka (n=708)
(3) A survey on the consciousness of teachers about sex education for students at puberty (n-44) The purpose of the survey was to clarify the status-quo and problems of health education at school, especially on sex education. Both questionnaire and interviews were used.
2. Report :
The results of the above researches were published three times in the bulletin 'Daito', titled as "A survey of the interests and solutions of health problems of Junior high school students".
3. Lecture :
(1) Theme : "The Importance of Life and Sex Education in the Age of Puberty"
(2) Theme 1 : "Health Problems of Junior High School Students Based on a Survey"
Theme 2 : "Life, Birth and Sex"
4. Meeting : Meeting with junior high school teachers and the local education council about the research.
5. Academic activities : Presentations at 6 conferences, Publications of 3 Papers as Original Articles
6. Publication of a brochure
7. Made a flow chart of 'A Support System to Promote Health Awareness'
Research Products (9results)