Development Study on Prediction Technique of Construction Noise for Environmental Assessment
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Chiba Institute of Technology(2004)|
The University of Tokyo(2003)
TACHIBANA Hideki Chiba Institute of Technology, Faculty of Information and Computer Science, Professor, 情報科学部, 教授 (80013225)
YANO Hiroo Chiba Institute of Technology, Faculty of Information and Computer Science, Professor, 情報科学部, 教授 (70114692)
YAMAMOTO Kohei Kobayasi Institute of Physical Research, Manager, 所長 (70142049)
SAKAMOTO Shinichi Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Assistant Professor, 生産技術研究所, 助教授 (80282599)
UENO Kanako Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Assistant, 生産技術研究所, 助手 (10313107)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2004
Completed(Fiscal Year 2004)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,400,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥10,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,800,000)
|Keywords||environmental noise / construction noise / environmental impact assessment / sound power level / noise propagation outdoors / swept-sine method|
In this research, a method of predicting construction noise has been investigated in two years (fiscal 2003 and 2004) as a research for environmental impact assessment. In the first year, basic studies on (1) classification of construction noises from an acoustical viewpoint and (2) assessment method of noise emission characteristics of various kinds of machines and equipment for construction works. Based on these studies, the following investigations have been carried out in the second year.
(1) Investigation on the system of environmental impact assessment in Japan : In order to show the aim of this study and its significance in environmental science, the legislative system for environmental impact assessment in Japan was analyzed and the relationship between environmental monitoring environmental impact assessment was considered.
(2) Prediction system of construction noise : Regarding construction noise as one of the environmental noises, calculation flow and acoustical information fo
r the prediction of construction noise were investigated based on the prediction model "ASJ CN-Model 2002" proposed by the Acoustical Society of Japan.
(3) Assessment method of noise source characteristics for the prediction of construction noise : In order to quantitatively obtain the sound emission characteristics of machines and equipment for construction works with various temporal and spatial properties, theoretical investigations were performed and various kinds of noise indicators for unifying the ways of measurement and assessment were proposed.
(4) Grasp of noise source characteristics by field measurements : Based on the results of the studies mentioned above, field measurements were carried out at some typical construction work sites. In these measurements, the data for noise emission characteristics of various kinds of machines for earthworks, road pavement, concrete destruction, blasting, etc. were obtained.
(5) Measuring method for noise propagation outdoors : In order to establish a method of measuring the outdoor sound propagation characteristics influenced by meteorological conditions, the swept-sine technique using a sweep signal with a long duration time was developed and its effectiveness was actually examined by performing measurements at construction work sites of a highway and a road tunnel.
(6) Numerical analysis method for noise propagation : As a method for calculating the sound propagation under complicated boundary conditions which needs to be analyzed by wave-acoustics, the application of the time-domain finite difference method to this problem was investigated and its applicability to sound propagation in a tunnel was examined. Less
Research Products (24results)