Comprehensive Study of Okayama Orphanage Roles in the history of Japanese Social Welfare Practice
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Social welfare and social work studies
|Research Institution||Toyo University(2005-2006)|
Kyoei Gakuen Junior College(2003-2004)
KIKUCHI Yoshiaki Toyo university, Faculty of Human Life Design, Professor, ライフデザイン学部, 教授 (50258927)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2006
Completed(Fiscal Year 2006)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||Okayama Orphanage / Juji Ishii / Child Welfare History / Social Welfare History / Residential Care History / 養護実践 / 児童福祉施設|
The study achievement from 2003 to 2006 is as follows:
1.The 14 research papers are about the making process of the cottage system and of 12 principles of residential care practice in Okayama Orphanage, and the papers are put into Abstracts of Research Project, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research.
2. I decoded the diaries of Mr. Shinich Suetou who had worked from the latter half of 1887 to 1926, when Okayama Orphanage was dissolved. His eight diaries are put into "Shinich Suetou's Diaries and Action Record" which is a basic document for staff history study of the future.
3. I decoded the two diaries of farm school graduates of OkayamaOrphanage of Taisho period and made the basic documents of the influence of residential care practice on character formation of the orphans of Okayama Orphanage. However, the six diaries of the farm school graduates are to be decoded hereafter.
4. I measured the old cottage system of Okayama Orphanage in child care institutions of Okayama City, making the ground plans and elevations of the cottages and showed the room usage and functional ground plans.
5. I cooperated for making letter lists of Okayama Orphanage in Juji Ishii museum and prepared for clarifying human networks of the orphanage.
6. I decided the classification items of some 2000 pieces of the orphanage pictures in Juji Ishi museum and classified the pictures roughly. And I gathered some important pictures and made the visual teaching materials for understanding residential care practice in Okayama Orphanage.
Research Products (35results)