Study of Environmental Factor on Occurrence of Cleft Lip and/or Palate by Fertilized Ovum Transplantation
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Aichi-Gakuin University|
NIIMI Teruyuki Aichi-Gakuin University, School of Dentistry, Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 助手 (60291762)
NATSUME Nagato Aichi-Gakuin University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 特殊診療科教授 (90183532)
FURUKAWA Hiroo Aichi-Gakuin University, School of Dentistry, Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 助手 (70291763)
TOYODA Tetsuro Aichi-Gakuin University, Faculty of Psychological and Physical Science, Assistant Professor, 心身科学部, 講師 (10308786)
中村 友保 愛知学院大学, 歯学部口腔外科第二講座, 助手 (50333167)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2004
Completed(Fiscal Year 2004)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
|Keywords||Fertilized Ovum Transplantation / Cleft Lip / Cleft Palate / Cardiovascular Anomaly / Anomaly / Thymic Anomaly / Congenital Anomaly / Mouse|
I. We carried out transplantation and implantation of fertilized ovum between the same strain mice and between the different strain mice and studied about the prevalence of congenital anomalies such as cleft lip and/or palate, cardiovascular and thymic anomalies. We obtained the following results.
1. Fertilized ova of pro-CLP strain transplanted to anti-CLP strain was suppressed the occurrence of CLP, cardiovascular and thymic anomalies.
2. Fertilized ova of anti-CLP strain transplanted to pro-CLP strain did not cause congenital anomalies.
3. It is suggested that about the multiple anomaly within high incidence family, multi-generic diseases can be suppressed by environmental changes.
II. We administered folic acid to A/J strain mice with the amount equivalent to 0.8mg/day per a person between the period of 2 weeks before pregnancy and 13 gestation day, and 0.4mg/day per a person between the period of 14 gestation day and 18 gestation day. We studied about the influence of folk acid to the
fetus body weight and incidence of CLP among fetuses and obtained the following results.
1. Resorption rate was 12.3% in the control group and 10.2% in the experimental group (0.8mg administered) respectively, showing no significant difference between them.
2. About the average weight of fetuses, while both experimental groups (10mg administered and 1mg administered) decreased significantly compared to the control group, experimental group (0.8mg administered) did not decrease, not showing significant difference compared to the control group.
3. While the incidence of CP only of 10mg group and 1mg group decreased showing significant difference compared to the control group, 0.8mg group showed no suppression effect.
4. Incidence of CL/P in all of 10mg, 1mg and 0.8mg experimental groups did not decrease showing no significant differences compared to the control group.
These results suggest that 0.8mg administration of folic acid on the period from pre-pregnancy to organogenesis, 0.4mg administration of folic acid on fetus growing stage can prevent weight decrease. Further study is thought to make it possible to prevent CL/P. Less
Research Products (6results)