Analysis of TLR on systemic coronary disease by periodontopathic bacteria
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||The Nippon Dental University|
KATSURAGI Hiroaki The Nippon Dental University, School of Dentistry at Niigata, Associate Professor, 新潟歯学部, 助教授 (70224483)
|Project Period (FY)
2003 – 2005
Completed(Fiscal Year 2005)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
Fiscal Year 2003 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||P.gingivalis / TLR4 / KC / TNF / Bactericidal ability / 菌血症 / 活性酸素 / 好中球 / マクロファージ / 貪食 / TLR2 / 膿瘍形成 / 好中球浸潤像 / 活性酸素産生能|
In this experiments, C3H/HeN mice (wild type) and C3H/HeJ (TLR4-deficient type) were used for analysis of Periodontopathi cbacteria induced systemic coronary disease.
Porphyromonas gingivalis 381 were used to challenge i.p. (in peritoneal) and i.n. (in nasal) infection. After infection, TNF or KC cytokine production, PMN function, bactericidal assay, and immunohistological study were done. The conclusions in this study was follows ;
1. TLR 4 deficient C3H/HeJ mice showed low KC response after stimulation of casein or live P.gingivalis.
2. MCLA-dependent super oxide production was no significant difference between C3H/HeN and C3H/HeJ.
3. Following HRP/ARP assay, there were no OCI-production from both C3H/HeN and C3H/HeJ peritoneal exudates PMNs with stimulation of P.gingivalis.
4. C3H/HeJ mice showed the significant lower level of TNF and KC production than C3H/HeN mice at i.p. challenge.
5. C3H/HeJ mice showed the significant lower level of TNF and KC production than C3H/HeN mice at i.n. challenge.
6. C3H/HeJ mice showed delay clearance of P.gingivalis in vivo than C3H/HeN mice at early phase of infection.
7. C3H/HeJ mice showed bacteriemia after 24〜48 hours in i.n. infection model, but C3H/HeN mice only showed PMN accumulation in lung but no bacteriemia.
Research Products (6results)