|Budget Amount *help
¥292,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥225,000,000、Indirect Cost : ¥67,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2008 : ¥61,360,000 (Direct Cost : ¥47,200,000、Indirect Cost : ¥14,160,000)
Fiscal Year 2007 : ¥57,720,000 (Direct Cost : ¥44,400,000、Indirect Cost : ¥13,320,000)
Fiscal Year 2006 : ¥58,110,000 (Direct Cost : ¥44,700,000、Indirect Cost : ¥13,410,000)
Fiscal Year 2005 : ¥57,850,000 (Direct Cost : ¥44,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥13,350,000)
Fiscal Year 2004 : ¥57,460,000 (Direct Cost : ¥44,200,000、Indirect Cost : ¥13,260,000)
The following results were obtained for Zebra fish's skin pattern formation mechanism.
1) The network of the interaction among the pigment cells was clarified.
2) The computational simulation that built in the network reproduced the process of skin pattern formation accurately.
3) The responsible genes for the mutants were identified
4) The cloned genes were K channel and a gap junction.
5) By making the transgenics fish with the genes or modified ones, the pattern was changed in many different way, suggesting that the genes were core factors of the pattern formation.
6) The ion channels and the small molecules play the key rolein the pattern formation. From above, we have come close to the clarification of the mechanism of pigment pattern formation.