Study on pathogenesis of destruction in apical tissue
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Kyushu University |
AONO Masao Kyushu University, 歯学部, 教授 (70037498)
SUNADA Imao Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 歯学部, 教授 (50005013)
HARA Kouji Niigata University, 歯学部, 教授 (20018419)
SAITO Tsuyoshi Nippon University, 歯学部, 教授 (60059235)
AMEMIYA Akira Hokkaido University, 歯学部, 教授 (80018415)
OKADA Hiroshi Osaka University, 歯学部, 教授 (40038865)
|Project Period (FY)
1985 – 1986
Completed (Fiscal Year 1986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥13,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1986: ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1985: ¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost: ¥8,200,000)
|Keywords||Apical Periodontitis / Content in the In ected Root Canal / Bacteria infection / Specific Antibody / Infected Dentin / Osteoclast / O-Phthlaldehyd / インドメタシン|
From the pathomorphologic, immunologic and phisicochemical viewpoint, we analysed the mechanism whereby the apical periodontitis and the radicular cyst were formed.
The results obtained were as follows:
1) The nerve fibers penetrating into the lesions were mainly composed of sensory nerves.
2) The infiltration of T cells, B. cells, M <phi> , PMN and mast cells was observed in the periapical lesions.
3) When the periapical lesions were formed, the osteoclasts and the bone resorption which closely related to the extent of the inflammation were observed.
4) ALPase, ACPase, -Glucuronidase, SDH and MDH which were involved in the tissue destruction were detected by the enzyme-histochemical research.
5) There was a correlation between the bacteria in the root canal and those in the periodontal pocket.
6) The anaerobic bacteria were isolated from the root canal in the infected teeth. 7) It was suggested that the fluorescent technique using O. P. A. regent was sensitive rather than bacteriologic exami
nation as to the measurement of the intracanal contemination.
8) The permeability factor, the chemotactic factor and the complement-derived chemotactic factor existed in the content in the infected root canal.
9) When the endotoxin was administered to the root canal in the germfree rats, the pulp became degenerated and necrotic. Furthermore, the bone resorption was observed in the periapical tissues.
10) IgG-bearing cells were observed in about 60 %, OKT4 positive cells in 20 %, and OKT8 positive cells in 16 % of immuno-competent cells. However, IgM-bearing cells were rarely observed.
11) When the pulpal degeneration was caused by heating, the radiolucency and the periapical lesions were recognized.
12) It was thought that how to measure the amount of reflected light can be applied for the examination in discolor, coloring and contamination in the root canal wall.
13) Administering indomethacin to rats, the bone resorption was depressed. Therefore, it was suggested that prostaglandin was associated with the bone resorption. Less
Report (1 results)
Research Products (10 results)