1. Oral presentation in international conferences: (a) European Economic Association 2019, 2019/08/29, Manchester, UK; (b) European Association for Research in Industrial Economics 2019, 2019/08/31, Barcelona, Spain; (c) Asia Pacific Industrial Organisation Conference 2019, 2016/12/13, Tokyo, Japan.
2. The paper entitled "Horizontal merger analysis with endogenous product range choice" has been substantially improved. We added the analysis on fixed cost synergies and validated the robustness of our results in a more general framework.
3. I wrote another paper entitled "Competition among large and heterogeneous small firms," which incorporates two types of firm heterogeneity.
1. I have made much progress in writing the paper entitled "Horizontal merger analysis with endogenous product range choice," considering richer synergy patterns and more generalized theoretical framework.
2. I came up with a new idea and wrote a new paper entitled "Competition among large and heterogeneous small firms," which extends my previous study on market structure and current theories on the competition among large and small firms.
3. During my presentations in international conferences, I received valuable and constructive comments from experts in my field.
1. I will complete the current two projects, hopefully having them be accepted for publication by field top journals.
2. I will continue working on the new projects and finishing preliminary drafts.
3. I will present the preliminary results of the new projects in international conferences, such as Asia Pacific Industrial Organisation Conference.