1997 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
COMPARATIVE STUDIES OF CULTURE CHANGE IN TRADITIONAL MUSIC BEHAVIOR OF THE PEOPLE IN VIETNAM,NORTHERN LAOS,AND IN SOUTH-WEST CHINA
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||CHUBU INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES (1996-1997)|
National Museum of Ethnology (1995)
FUJII Tomoaki CHUBU INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCE STUDIES,VICE PRESIDENT & PROFESSOR -> 中部大学, 中部高等学術研究所・教授, 副所長 (70044740)
YOSHIHARA Yuuko NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ETHNOLOGY,TEMPORARY ASSISTANT RESEARCHER, 非常勤研究員
TERADA Yoshitaka NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ETHONOLOGY,2ND DEPERT., RESEARCH ASISTANT, 第2研究部, 助手 (00290924)
SUZUKI Michiko CHUKYO UNIVERSITY,FAC., SOCIOLOGY,PROFESSOR, 社会学部, 教授 (80154590)
TAKAHASHI Akihiro CHUKYO UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN,FAC., DOMESTIC STUDIES,PROFESSOR, 家政学部, 教授 (10097660)
HIGUCHI Akira SAITAMA UNIVERSITY,FAC., EDUCATION,PROFESSOR, 教育学部, 教授 (60015287)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1997
|Keywords||CLASSICAL DRAMA / SONG / SONG STRUCTURE / HAT TOUNG / CAI LUONG / LAM / LAM KHU LAM KON / MINORITIES|
Research Results in Vietnam
1) Traditional and classical drama Hat Toung and a kind of popular/folk song Cai Luong are the main part of our research objects. Almost all repertories of contemporary Hat Toung have been grasped as a whole. Hat Cheo, another type of traditional and popular drama, has also been investigated and compared with the former practically and theatrically.
2) Colleboration with the director and staffs of VIEW SAN KHAU (The Institute for the Research of Art and Theater under the Ministry of Information & Culture) has been enforced to develope our exchange of academical information.
Research Results in Laos
1) Accumulation of data on Lam, a typical Lao style of songs, has been in progress. As for the traditional type especially in central part of the country, Lam Khu Lam Kon, we got a good amount of translation into Japanese of the song texts, as well as live recordings.
2) On typical Lam of the thouthern district, as well as of the other parts of Laos, live data and song documents have been collected considerably. We aim at comprehensive collection and comparative analysis of Lams.
3) Cultural exchange with directors and staffs of the Institute for Research on Culture under the Ministry of Culture and Information has been progressed to collect every kind of song texts on Lam of the country.
Research Products (13 results)