1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Syntheses of New Verdazyl Radicals and Mechanism of Appearance of Genuine Organic Ferromagnetism and Weak Ferromagnetism
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Ehime University |
MUKAI Kazuo Ehime University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (70036193)
OHARA Keisi 愛媛大学, 理学部, 助手 (10284390)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
|Keywords||Molecular Magnetism / Organic Ferromagnetism / Organic Weak Ferromagnetism / Verdazyl / Radical Crystal / Spin-Peierls Transition / Magnetic Susceptibility / Heat Capacity|
In the present work, about 50 kinds of new organic verdazyl radical crystals have been prepared. From the results of the measurements of magnetic susceptibility, ac magnetic susceptibility, heat capacity arid ESR and the X-ray analyses, we have succeeded in obtaining the following compounds having interesting magnetic properties.
1) Finding of three kinds of new organic ferromagnet (p-CDTV, p-CDpOV and p-MeDpOV) and the mechanism of appearance of ferromagnetism.
2) Finding of two kinds of new organic weak ferromagnet (TOV and p-CyDpTV).
3) Doping effect of nonmagnetic impurities on weak ferromagnet, TOV.
4) Finding of two kinds of new organic antiferromagnet (p-NTV and p-BDpTV).
5) Finding of a new spin-Peierls transition compound (p-CyDOV) and study of its magnetic phase diagram.
6) The study of doping effect of magnetic and nonmagnetic impurities on the spin-Peierls transition of p-CyDOV radical crystal.
7) Finding of a new verdazyl spin frustration compound, p-FPDV.
8) Magnetism of molecular complexes between verdazyl radical and electron acceptor (TCNQ and TCNQF_4).
9) The study of doping effect of magnetic impurities on quasi-one dimensional Heisenberg organic ferromagnet (p-CDpOV) and antiferromagnet (p-BDpOV).
Research Products (16 results)