1998 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Digital imaging analysis of intracellular Ca^<2+> dynamics of various epithelial tissue
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
General anatomy (including Histology/Embryology)
|Research Institution||Iwate Medical University |
SATOH Yohichi Iwate Medical University Sch.Med, Anatomy, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (40118253)
ORII Masayuki Iwate Medical University Sch.Med, Gastroenterology, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師 (00158833)
BANNYA Yoshiaki Iwate Medical University Sch.Med, Urology, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (20146062)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
|Keywords||Intracellular Ca^<2+> dynamics / Digital imaging / Transmitters / Intestinal epithelium / Exocrine Cells / Corneal epithelium / Blood vessels|
Responses of living epithelial and glandular tissue to various transmitters have been analysed by digital imaging system for intracellular Ca^<2+> measurement.
1) Crypt epithelial cells of small intestine responded to extracellular ATP, via P2Y receptors. A [Ca^<2+>]_i increase in middle crypt-regions of the duodenum and upper regions of the ileum, and the [Ca^<2+>]_i wave propagated towards the crypt bottom.
2) Duodenal glandular cells showed spontaneous oscillatory fluctuations of [Ca^<2+>]_i. In many cases, intracellular Ca^<2+> wave propagated from apical to basal regions.
3) Glandular cells and myoepithelial cells of lachrymal and Harderian glands responded to cholinergic stimuli, but noradrenaline induced only glandular cells of lachrymal gland.
4) No agonist examined induced glandular cell response of prostate gland of rat, although noradrenaline induced [Ca^<2+>]_i increase of interstitial smooth muscles.
5) ATP induced[Ca^<2+>]_i increase of seminiferous tubules.
6) a [Ca^<2+>]_i, increase of corneal epithelial cells was elicited by ATP via P2Y receptors. Synchronized Ca2+ oscillation in the wing cell layer indicates that intracellular events may spread to neighboring cells within the layer.
7) Imaging analysis of arterioles revealed that noradrenaline induced a part of smooth muscles, but 5HT endothelin-1 and ATP elicited responses of most cells.
Research Products (16 results)