2002 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
The Exhaustive Studies on the Historical Documents of Modern Japan for the Inception of Policy Information Center
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies |
ITO Takashi National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Policy Information Center, Professor -> 政策研究大学院大学, 政策情報研究センター, 教授 (30011323)
MIKURIYA Takashi National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Professor, 政策研究科, 教授 (00092338)
SUETAKE Yoshiya Soka University, Faculty of Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (40179099)
ARIMA Manabu Kyusyu University, Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Professor, 大学院・比較社会文化研究院, 教授 (80108612)
TAKEDA tomoki National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, JSPS, Researcher, 特別研究員
KOIKE Seiichi Hiroshima University, Faculty of Policy Science, Associate Professor, 総合科学部, 助教授 (70274024)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
|Keywords||Modern Japan / Policy studies / Historical Documents / data base|
1. We improved our website to be more easy to use and more informative. The transcripts of the workshops, having a favorable reception, are being revised and some 50 catalog were added.
2. We had 11 workshops in 2001 and 9 in 2002 on the historical documents on such as Japanese Economy, Japanese Military and politics. The lecturers are : Jun Shozawa (Gunma University), Tetsu Tarashima (Culture Agency), Yoshio Chaen (Historian), Yukio Hiyama(Chukyo University), Yoshitaka Shima (Waseda University), Takeo Kikkawa (Tokyo University), Humitaka kurosawa(Tokyo Women's University) and others.
3. We had a dozen of research trips to collect information on historical documents. We had wonderful discoveries in this period and kept some 20 private papers in the GRIPS library for safe. They are now being listed.
4. Having a keen interest on the archives in the government and ministries, we tried to build a network with archivists there. It was not very productive. In so doing, however, we realized the present condition of the archival management is a misery. We started a research project on the governmental archives this year.
5. Also, we arranged a summed-up project for our activity for the moment. It will be a dictionary for historical document information. Yoshikawa kobunkan, one of the finest book house on history, is teamed up. We listed some 800 persons and over 300 scholars became contributers.
Research Products (11 results)