2002 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Research on a Small-Sized, Light-Weight, Safe, Popularized Photovoltaic Power Generation System Feasible for Installation in a Sense of Awning
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Mie University |
ISHIDA Muneaki Mie University, Faculty of Eng., Professor -> 三重大学, 工学部, 教授 (70135317)
ZANMA Tadanao Mie University, Faculty of Eng., Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (20324543)
DOKI Shinji Mie University, Faculty of Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10273260)
|Project Period (FY)
2001 – 2002
|Keywords||photovoltaic generation / power conditioner / soft switching / high-frequency AC-link converter / CLL type resonant circuit / variable frequency pulse width control|
We have made a basic research on a small-sized, light-weight power conditioner possible to unify with solar battery panel, aiming at development and popularization of easily available, safe, small-sized, light- weight, inexpensive photovoltaic generation systems feasible for installation in a sense of awning.
1. A basic circuit of resonant-type converter, which is heart of the power conditioner, was prototyped using power MOSFETs. Conditions for the soft-switching (zero voltage switching) operation under the output voltage control of the converter conbining the pulse width control and frequency control were found.
2. It was clarified by simulations that the output current waveform of the converter was distorted considerably in the case co small output AC filter if the converter had no ability of bidirectional power conversion.
3. Guidelines on the design method of the transformer and coils considering their losses within several tens kHz to several MHz and he reduction method of their los
ses were obtained. A guideline to unify the resonant coils and transformer was also obtained.
4. In order to examine the operatioal characteristics of the photovoltaic generation systems under the specific conditions, a simulation circuit to simulate the characteristics was prototyped. As a result, combining it with a solar model to simulate the variation of the solar power, it will be possible to evaluate the performance of the photovoltaic generation system such as the maximum power following control, etc..
5. The trial production and experiments of whole system combining the solar battery with the small-sized light-weight power conditioner remain as future problems because we have spent a lot of time on research on improvement of the output current waveform of the resonant-type converter.
This research is considered important because it has given a guideline to reduction of size and weight of the isolation-type power conditioner used in the photovoltaic generation system and has opened a way to realization of the easily available photovoltaic generation systems in a sense of awning. Less
Research Products (6 results)