2020 Fiscal Year Annual Research Report
Three-dimensional profile reconstruction of a natural SCC colony through electromagnetic NDT methods
|Research Institution||Tohoku University |
遊佐 訓孝 東北大学, 工学研究科, 教授 (60466779)
|Foreign Research Fellow
GE JIUHAO 東北大学, 工学(系)研究科(研究院), 外国人特別研究員
|Project Period (FY)
2019-07-24 – 2022-03-31
|Keywords||SCC colony / inversion problem / rotating eddy currents|
|Outline of Annual Research Achievements
1) Fabricated and tested rotating eddy current testing probes employing TMR sensor and coil as pick up sensors. 2) Expanded the principle of rotating eddy current testing technique, and extracted the signals of rotating eddy current testing technique at desired induced eddy current orientation. 3) Analyzed the signal features of rotating eddy current testing signal of pitting corrosion and slits near weld. The signals of slits near weld were transformed using the proposed algorithm to increase signal to noise ratio. 4) Analyzed the influence of crack colony parameters (length, depth, distance, type et al.) on signals. According to the results, an initial algorithm was proposed to decompose the superposition signals of crack colony. This method can be used in the inversion problem to accelerate iteration process. 5) Generated SCCs using designed bending machine.
6) Proposed an eddy current dipole based algorithm to reconstruct the surface profile of complex cracks according to the eddy current distribution around cracks. The algorithm was tested through simulation and experiment data.
7) Built a finite element code of rotating eddy current testing. Proposed an algorithm based on Tabu search and Ant colony optimization algorithms to size the depth of single crack. 8) Built a code to show three dimensional profile of cracks using openGL.
|Current Status of Research Progress
Current Status of Research Progress
2: Research has progressed on the whole more than it was originally planned.
Research goes well as planned.
|Strategy for Future Research Activity
1) Test the proposed depth sizing algorithm using experiment data.
2) Submit research report to JSPS
Research Products (2 results)