1988 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Simulation of the Japanese Beef Economy
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo |
MORISHIMA Masaru The University of Tokyo, Professor -> 東京大学, 農学部農業経済学科, 教授 (50113634)
CHINO Jinjiro The university of Utsunomiya, Associate Professor, 農学部農業経済学部, 助教授 (40163729)
FUJITA Natsuki The University of Tokyo, Associate Professor, 農学部農業経済学部, 助教授 (30190044)
|Project Period (FY)
1987 – 1988
|Keywords||Beef Economy / Import Liberalization / Simulation / Beef Cycle / 子牛市場|
Analytical frameworks have been examined. in addition, basic data have been collected. Based on these data and the analytical frameworks, following results have been derived.
1. Economic Analysis on Calf Market's Cycle
(1) This market is characterized by 7 years period cyclical phenomena.
(2) The cycle can be forcasted to be around the bottom in 1991, when the Japanese beef market is scheduled to remove its import quota.
(3) Thus, price stabilization policies are examined.
2. Input-Output Analysis on Beef Maket Liberalization.
(1) 250,000 of people might lose their job opportunity, in addition, 600,000,000,000 yen of value added.
(2) Agriculture, forestry and fisheries might be seriously damaged, However, 28% of unemployment and 70% of value added loss will be concentrated in other sectors.
(3) Thus enployment stalalization policies are examined.
Research Products (6 results)