1990 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Analysis of Stability of Forestry Vehicles Driven on Inclined Forest Land
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Iwate University |
SHISHIUCHE Masao Fac. of Agric., Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (10003782)
|Project Period (FY)
1988 – 1990
|Keywords||Motion behavior / Static stability / Dynamic stability / Pitch and roll angle / Overturn|
The purposes of this study are to analyze the stability of forestry vehicles driven on inclined forest land, and to show critical pitch and roll angle of stability.
The results obtained from the study are summarized as follows ;
1) Forestry vehicles can be classified from the view point of morphological structure and operational functions of vehicles ; namely Skidder type, Transporter (Wheeled) : Mini-forwarder type, Transporter (Crawler) : Farm tractor type and Mobile yarder type.
2) Importance of outrigger was approved in loading operation with Mini-forwarder type vehicles by analysis of results obtained from static stability test of them.
3) From the measurements of pitch and roll angle of the loaded and nonloaded Mini-forwarder type vehicle driven on forest land, skid road and forest road, it was clarified that maximum oscillatory angles appear in the vehicles driven on forest land : namely pitch angle is 14-21 degree and roll angleis 12-17 degree.
4) The critical angle of stability is calculated from static stability angle and oscillatory angle. Especially, in lateral direction that is meaningful to forestry vehicles, the values of 19-24 degree in skid road and 9-12 degree in forest land are obtained as the tentative criteria of oscillatory angle of roll.
5) It was remained in future that the motion of vehicles driven on inclined forest land is analyzed by means of dynamics in which tests of suspension system and analysis of mass moment of inertia are contained.
Research Products (4 results)