Study of nonlinear behaviors of plasmas
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY |
KAWAI Yoshinobu Kyushu University, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Professor, 総合理工学研究科, 教授 (10038565)
FUJIYAMA Hiroshi Nagasaki University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20112310)
DODO Taro Ehime University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (30136303)
NISHIHARA Kazunobu Osaka University, Institute of Laser Engineering, Professor, レーザーセンター, 教授 (40107131)
FUJIWARA Masami National Institute for Fusion Science, Professor, 教授 (10023722)
SATO Noriyoshi Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40005252)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed (Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
|Keywords||Eddy / Chaos / Dust Plasma / Negative Ion Plasma / Ion Sheath / Rayleigh-Taylor Instability / Process Plasma / Hole Soliton / 徴粒子プラズマ / イオンミ-ス / 電解質プラズマ / 強結合プラズマ|
The objectives of this project are to study (1) nonlinear phenomena in a collisionless plasma such as eddy and chaos, (2) behavior of negative ions and dust plasmas, and (3) behavior of strongly coupled plasmas such as laser produced plasma. Obtained results are as follows:
(1) New interaction between eddy and eddy was found by examining complex Gintzburg-Landau equation.
(2) Large amplitude waves with large wavelength can excite Buneman instability by up-conversion.
(3) Theory of chaos in a Hamiltonian system was developed.
(4) Quasiperiodic transition to chaos was observed in ion sheath formed around a mesh grid.
(5) Dust particles in SiH4 plasma were measured and the experimental conditions for their occurrence were clarified.
(6) Attempt to add C_<60> to Q-machine plasma was made.
(7) Potential distribution of RF plasma was measured.
(8) Experimental conditions for producing RF ring plasma were examined.
(9) Relation between laser produced plasma and Rayleigh-Taylor instability was investigated by numerical simulation.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (17 results)