1992 Fiscal Year Final Research Report Summary
Study of nonlinear behaviors of plasmas
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY |
KAWAI Yoshinobu Kyushu University, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Professor -> 九州大学, 総合理工学研究科, 教授 (10038565)
FUJIYAMA Hiroshi Nagasaki University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20112310)
DODO Taro Ehime University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (30136303)
NISHIHARA Kazunobu Osaka University, Institute of Laser Engineering, Professor, レーザーセンター, 教授 (40107131)
FUJIWARA Masami National Institute for Fusion Science, Professor, 教授 (10023722)
SATO Noriyoshi Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40005252)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
|Keywords||Eddy / Chaos / Dust Plasma / Negative Ion Plasma / Ion Sheath / Rayleigh-Taylor Instability / Process Plasma / Hole Soliton|
The objectives of this project are to study (1) nonlinear phenomena in a collisionless plasma such as eddy and chaos, (2) behavior of negative ions and dust plasmas, and (3) behavior of strongly coupled plasmas such as laser produced plasma. Obtained results are as follows:
(1) New interaction between eddy and eddy was found by examining complex Gintzburg-Landau equation.
(2) Large amplitude waves with large wavelength can excite Buneman instability by up-conversion.
(3) Theory of chaos in a Hamiltonian system was developed.
(4) Quasiperiodic transition to chaos was observed in ion sheath formed around a mesh grid.
(5) Dust particles in SiH4 plasma were measured and the experimental conditions for their occurrence were clarified.
(6) Attempt to add C_<60> to Q-machine plasma was made.
(7) Potential distribution of RF plasma was measured.
(8) Experimental conditions for producing RF ring plasma were examined.
(9) Relation between laser produced plasma and Rayleigh-Taylor instability was investigated by numerical simulation.
Research Products (8 results)