|Budget Amount *help
¥65,650,000 (Direct Cost : ¥50,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥15,150,000)
Fiscal Year 2013 : ¥11,830,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,100,000、Indirect Cost : ¥2,730,000)
Fiscal Year 2012 : ¥13,910,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,700,000、Indirect Cost : ¥3,210,000)
Fiscal Year 2011 : ¥12,350,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥2,850,000)
Fiscal Year 2010 : ¥12,350,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,500,000、Indirect Cost : ¥2,850,000)
Fiscal Year 2009 : ¥15,210,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,700,000、Indirect Cost : ¥3,510,000)
In this work, we developed semi-automatic image analysis system for 4D bio-imaging data of mammalian preimplantation embryos. With this system, we can automatically detect the positions of nuclei with 99% accuracy and manually correct the rest of only 1% error. The detected nuclei are subsequently tracked over time by solving an optimization problem for the association of dividing and moving nuclei.The system enables us to track each mouse embryo from one cell up to 16- to 32-cell stage, and successfully reconstructed developmental dynamics of several embryos. By mapping various properties of embryogenesis onto the lineage of a reconstructed embryo, we can analyze the developmental process quantitatively and dynamically.
We also developed bio-image analysis algorithms, data processing methods, and mathematical models that can be used for a variety of developmental phenomena.