Mental Effects of Street Planting on Pedestrians and Drivers
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KOBE UNIVERSITY|
HIDEKI Ichihashi Kobe University Faculty of Human Development, Professor, 発達科学部, 教授 (40127048)
|Project Period (FY)
1998 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||Street Planting / Driver / Pedestrian / PM Method / Amenity / 運転車 / 心理的評価|
From two viewpoints of drivers and pedestrians, street planting was evaluated mentally. Following results were obtained.
1) The most desirable sidewalk was that with only arbor tree planting or arbor tree planting and shrub planting cut at the height of adult knee. The most undesirable sidewalk was that without any planting or with shrub planting cut at the height of adult waist.
2) The most desirable roadway was that with only shrub planting cut at the height of adult knee. The most undesirable roadway was that with arbor planting and shrub planting cut at the height of adult waist.
3) Arbor planting gives the pedestrians good impression in safety, amenity, green amount and composure. On the other hand it gives the drivers no good impression except in beauty.
4) Shrub planting cut at the height of adult knee has almost same effects with arbor planting to the pedestrians and gives the divers good impression in beauty, amenity, safety, and green amount.
5) Shrub planting cut at the height of adult waist has good effects in safety and calmness on the pedestrians, and in feeling not to be fatigued when driving on the drivers.
From the results above mentioned, it is concluded that the street planting desirable to the pedestrians is not always desirable to the divers, and mental effects of shape, size and color of trees on pedestrians and drivers must be investigated to make a road that the man can coexist with the car.
Research Products (8results)