EDMAN Jesper 早稲田大学, 商学学術院, 准教授 (20615976)
2015-04-01 – 2021-03-31
4,680千円 (直接経費: 3,600千円、間接経費: 1,080千円)
2019年度: 780千円 (直接経費: 600千円、間接経費: 180千円)
2018年度: 1,040千円 (直接経費: 800千円、間接経費: 240千円)
2017年度: 1,560千円 (直接経費: 1,200千円、間接経費: 360千円)
2016年度: 910千円 (直接経費: 700千円、間接経費: 210千円)
2015年度: 390千円 (直接経費: 300千円、間接経費: 90千円)
|キーワード||Diversity / Women managers / Foreign employees / Japanese companies / HR strategies / Globalization / Companies / Work-life balance / Female managers / Womenomics / Management / Organization / Women / Foreign labor / Identity|
1. Presented "EU-Japan Comparative Report on the Economic Empowerment of Women" at EU Delegation High Level Conference, Dec, 2016.
2. Presented paper "Employing Women Managers:Implications for Japanese Corporate Routines and Practices" at the annual meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (Kyoto, June, 2018)
3. Presented the paper "Paving with the Best Intentions: Institutional Work and the Inadvertent Maintenance of Japan's Gender Roles" at the annual meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (Kyoto, June, 2018) and the European Group of Organization Studies (July, 2018).
4. Presented paper "Becoming Agents of Globalization: How Foreign Employees Construct Roles at MNE Headquarters" to CBS Dept. of Econ. Business & Gov't (Online, May, 2020).
5. A theoretical paper describing how companies resist the imposition of diversity policies is currently in the second round of revisions at the journal Organization Theory.
6. A theoretical paper on the effect of nationalism on the adoption of global practices (including diversity) is currently being developed in collaboration with researchers from the US and Singapore, to be submitted to the Academy of Management Review by June 30.
The corona virus situation has delayed the research in several ways:
1. Visit to companies to finalize case studies and conduct the final interviews have been cancelled indefinitely.
2. Focus groups involving foreign employees and women managers have also been cancelled indefinitely.
3. Access to a data set has been delayed due to the difficulty of getting the necessary documents.
1. The paper entitled "Becoming Agents of Globalization" is currently being revised and will be submitted to the Journal of International Business Studies in September.
2. The paper entitled "Employing Japanese Women Managers" is currently being revised and will be submitted to international academic conferences in December.
3. A comparative case study of diversity policies at foreign and Japanese companies is currently under development and will be submitted to an international conference in December.
4. Quantitative data is still undergoing analysis.